Trinity Lutheran School encourages students to grow into active and compassionate citizens through service opportunities within our local, as well as national and international, communities. While many of our service opportunities are on hold due to COVID-19 restrictions, we look forward to resuming these activities as soon as we are able!
Within our school and church community:
- Students raise money for scholarships to Lutheran High School, Springfield, Illinois. (kindergarten – 8th grade)
- Students collect personal care items for students at Concordia Seminary in St. Louis. (kindergarten – 8th grade)
Within our Springfield community:
- Students collect food for local food pantries each November. (kindergarten – 8th grade)
- Students raise money through their chapel offerings to help Baskets of Hope provide baskets for local children with serious illnesses.
- Preschool students make Valentines and decorate fall pumpkins for patients in hospice care.
- 8th grade students work with the Trinity Lutheran Church quilters group and make quilts for local homeless shelters.
- Students in the 7th grade fill plastic eggs with candy for the annual Easter Egg Hunt sponsored by Trinity Lutheran Church for the children in our surrounding neighborhood.
- Students raised money to support Camp Cilca in Cantrall, Illinois. (kindergarten – 8th grade)
- Students in the 4th grade visit the local Basket of Hope office to help prepare baskets for children with serious illnesses.
At the national Level:
- Students participate in Jump Rope for Heart to raise money for the American Heart Association. (kindergarten – 8th grade)
- Students in the 2nd grade collect and resell outgrown boots and snow pants. The money raised is used to pay for postage to send cards and packages to men and women serving in the US military.
Around the world:
- Each year, students participate in Online Mission Trips to regions of the world in need of help. Students learn about each region through a week-long mission trip, and their chapel offerings support local mission work in that area. (kindergarten through 8th grade)
- 8th grade students work with the Trinity Lutheran Church quilters group and make quilts that will be sent to those in need all around the world through the Lutheran World Relief.
At Trinity Lutheran School, we take the health and safety of our students very seriously. We also acknowledge that there is no substitute for the benefits of in-person learning. That’s why we remain diligent in our efforts to provide a safe, in-person, learning environment. Click here to learn more about all we are doing to keep our students safe during this unique time.
We remain confident that Trinity Lutheran School is uniquely suited to teach and care for the students of Springfield and its surrounding communities.