Trinity Lutheran School holds accreditation through National Lutheran School Accreditation, is recognized by the State of Illinois, and is a member of Illinois Coalition of Nonpublic Schools. Approximately 175 students are currently enrolled from early childhood through 8th grade; the average class size is 15 students. Trinity Lutheran School is a mission of Trinity Lutheran Church and is open to all children regardless of church affiliation.
Located on South MacArthur Boulevard, Trinity Lutheran School is conveniently situated near downtown Springfield, the medical district and the Illinois State Capitol Building. In addition to 4 early childhood classrooms and 14 general purpose classrooms, our newly renovated facility includes:
- Science and computer labs
- Music and art rooms
- 2 stages for performing arts
- Library with expansive collection
- 2 playgrounds and an open field for outdoor activities
- Dedicated cafeteria space
- Secure area for before/after school care
Trinity’s Early Childhood Program provides a Christ-centered learning environment in which children ages 2 through 5 hear the Good News of Jesus and grow spiritually, academically, socially, emotionally and physically. We provide a nurturing atmosphere where, through play and other activities, children learn the Elements of Success.
- A Christ-centered education
- Accreditation by the National Lutheran Schools
- Year-round programs
- Full-day, half-day and part-time schedules
- Experienced teachers trained in early childhood education
- All staff trained and certified in CPR and First Aid
- Developmentally appropriate early childhood curriculum
- Financial assistance available through the State of Illinois
- Morning snack, lunch, and afternoon snack
- Family programs and events
In 2018, Trinity’s Elements of Success program was nominated as a Powerful Practice by the National Lutheran School Accreditation (NLSA) validation team.
are programs or practices that set a school apart and make it a highly respected educational institution in its community.
Trinity’s Elements of Success are Compassion, Composure, Citizenship, Clear Thinking, Creativity, Curiosity, Communication, and Collaboration. The elements and are woven into the Trinity curriculum and incorporated at all grade levels, from early childhood through 8th grade. These skills, combined with academic excellence, equip our students to excel in all areas of their lives.
per week of resource services including special needs support services.
Trinity students consistently score above state and national averages.
MORE THAN 60%
of Trinity faculty members hold advanced degrees